View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick-Raxel
-=off'cer=-

re: Welcome message (draft)

Welcome!

If you're looking for an lesbian-gay-bi-trans Horde social guild, you've come to the right place. The Raging Spears has a well-connected, mature, and active player community of LGBT and LGBT-friendly players. Some of us have been around since Classic WoW while some are fairly new to the game, but all of us are committed to a respectful and fun game experience within our guild. And since we're not as massive as some LGBT guilds, we get to know each other a bit better. In Spears, you're not lost in the crowd or just a raid filler.

We also know that many players are looking for a safe haven of a guild, be it because guilds discriminate against someone or treat them like crap, or whether people just like nice guildmates to play with. We've got a reputation as a guild that doesn't freak out or yell at anyone. We're a guild that takes things easy, and a lot of folks are looking for that. Join us!

The Spears have something for all players. We've got some raiders (led by our indomitable guildmaster, Latus, along with several other raiding-oriented officers like Lacreamosa and Fiercee. We've got some PvP leaders running casual RBGs and arenas headed up by Necromeo and Raxel. If you're into Achievements and cool stuff to trick out your toons, officers Theddasapa and Beregar are the folks to chat up. And for general questions about the guild, its history, or where to start, feel free to message our wonderful Guild Ambassador, Morgania

For more details on our guild philosophy, check out our Guild Guide. (And if you're curious about some of the history of Raging Spears, feel free to check out our old forums on invision.com) .

If this sounds like a good fit for you, we'd love to have you in Raging Spears!

Last edited by Patrick-Raxel on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Patrick-Raxel
-=off'cer=-

[ NOTE: I put in the paragraph of 'contact names/leaders' in the above-draft because I think it's important to sketch out some people in the guild to prospective members. Changing guilds or joining a new one can be a confusing experience. New members don't know anyone. New members don't know who's doing what in the guild. Etc. I think it would help to have a few names listed, so prospective members could contact key people, maybe get some questions answered about their own interests, and have at least someone to start with. I also believe we should be explicit about some key roles that correspond to the types interests that prospective members may be interested in getting info about before joining. Too many guild websites leave it up to future members to have to use in-game chat or sift through forum posts to figure out what's going on, and who's knowledgable about what. ]
latusthegoat
In-Game Guild Master

That looks like a pretty good post to use on guild advertisement posts! I've taken out just the first two paragraphs to paste up into the guild description on the home page, I think it's better with less info there... and mebbe a link to the entire post + Hex's one.

It has excellent energy. I like it!

-=off'cer=-

Two major thumbs up, nice work sweets
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Raging Spears Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum